Wednesday 2 January 2013

New Year - New Filo?

Happy 2013! Let's hope it's a good one :)

The title is a little misleading - no, I won't be buying a new filofax as I own three already! However this year I want to use my personal Finsbury for an actual use. Currently it sits in my desk at uni and I use it to record when I go to the gym, and what I do there - and that's all.

So I need a decent useage for it. I'm going to start applying for jobs soon (as I graduate in July, eep!) and I'm hoping to move in with my OH as soon as possible after leaving uni. I've used the finance sheets that come from Filofax themselves but honestly, I found them too small to use properly and useless for budget planning. I think this year I'd like to try using my Filo as a way to keep track of my money my way, shopping lists, wants and needs, savings, meal planning, job apps, possible flats to look at as well as the gym record.

I need to figure out a good set up for the above uses then. Hmm. I have no idea where to start with budget planning or set up and it's bothering me a lot! Maybe I'll go with just blank pages and write on those, keeping it organised into sections. Hmm.

I might look at selling my A4 metropol, I rarely use it. I will almost certainly be selling it in July when I've graduated as I won't have a use for it anymore.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good idea to put that Filofax to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a look at all the templates on Philofaxy (http://philofaxy.blogspot.co.uk/p/files.html) - there may well be something there which would work for you? Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried them in the past but I just can't get them to print properly for me :(

      Delete

Leave me a comment with your thoughts!